Under the Rural Finance Program in Benin, the German KfW Development Bank has awarded Développement international Desjardins (DID) the mandate to provide assistance to FECECAM, the largest cooperative financial network in that country, to strengthen its practices and service offer in rural finance.
The support delivered by DID will lead to
- strengthening FECECAM expertise in financing agricultural and rural activities,
- optimizing the range of products and services offered to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in rural areas, in particular those run by women,
- developing a full-fledged agricultural credit unit within the network,
- integrating responsible financing practices and environmental protection,
- interconnecting financial cooperatives, rural outlets and the apex institution for real-time monitoring of performance and of the loan portfolio.