In developing countries, financial exclusion, poverty and food insecurity too often wear a woman's face, despite a major contribution by women to the economic development of their community.
Gender equality is therefore a fundamental development value for Développement international Desjardins (DID).
DID has established a participative and transparent approach to integrate gender equality into all its programs and projects, in order to:
- encourage participation by women in the sustainable economic development of their communities as both actors and decision makers on an equal footing with men, and
- contribute to the reduction of inequalities between women and men regarding access to resources and the benefits of development and their control.
- Gender-based analysis.
- Elaboration of gender equality strategies specific to the context and problems encountered.
- Monitoring of activities and results.
- Evaluation of results and impacts
- Knowledge sharing.
- Financial products adapted to the needs and realities of women.
- Technological solutions that facilitate access to financial products and services by women.
- Training and awareness programs.
- Audit and impact assessment tools.
See also DID’s Reference Framework on Gender Equality.
Discover our transformative approach to financial inclusion.