Integrated nutrition project in the regions of Kolda and Kedougou (PINKK) Country: Sénégal
Global Affairs Canada
- Micronutrient Initiative (MI)
- World Vision Senegal
- Cellule de Lutte contre la Malnutrition (CLM)
This major project, which will last five years, seeks to increase food security for 165,000 women and young children in the regions of Kolda and Kedougou in the Southern part of Senegal.
Each of the partners plays a key role in the success of the project:
- MI works closely with World Vision Senegal to facilitate the production and distribution of products with high nutritional value in the vulnerable communities targeted by the project.
- DID stimulates the emergence of women's groups and small enterprises involved in the production and processing of micronutrient-rich foods by facilitating their access to financial and non-financial services.
- CLM is in charge of integrating nutrition into the planning and programs of local communities and improving coordination of multi-sector interventions that target nutrition. PINKK is based on an innovative multi-sector approach that integrates a combination of sectors, including inclusive finance. Specifically, the role of DID involves support to local service providers for the delivery of financial literacy and business management training modules and the development of credit products adapted to the needs and capacities of the project's target clientele. DID also facilitates contact for women's groups with microfinance institutions and distribution channels in order to ensure the sustainability of micronutrient-rich food production activities and increased household revenue through improved access to markets and financing.